Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Topic 4-Culture

I went to Australia last year, and I come to America this year. I think that the public transportation in Australia is as convenient as in Taiwan, but in Los Angeles I think that is not really convenient to take the public transportation. Driving is the most convenient way to go out here. Then, these two countries' people are nice and friendly. When I arrived at airport in Sydney, I needed to go to homestay by myself. So, I took the train to Town hall, and I needed to up stair two floors. My suitcase was too heavy, it's hard to up stair with my suitcase. Then, there were two people help me to take this suitcase up stair. And, I needed to take a bus, then I could arrive my homestay. I didn't know which bus I could take, so I asked the bus driver. He told me that I should take this bus, but I was not sure which stop I should go. He told me he will tell me which stop I need to go and he chatted with me on the bus. I'm glad to have this wonderful experience in Australia.
Moreover, there are lots of plants and grass in public space in these two countries, it's really nice to people see something green. I wish that Taiwan also can plant more trees in public space. Then, people in these two countries is friendly to passerby. For example, when people cross the road, but the traffic light turn green, drivers still wait fro them to cross the road. People in Taiwan do not do this, they usually want to save their time.
However, I consider that these two countries are too wasted. When I went to the market to buy something I need, the clerk always gave the customers a lot of plastic bags because these bags are free. It is really not environmentally friendly. In Taiwan, you need to pay for the plastic bags when you go to convenient store or supermarket, then people don't want to spend money to buy and we won't be wasted. And, we do recycle everything that can recycle, it's more friendly to our environment.   

2 comments:

  1. yes, just search rubychen531@gmail.com then you can find me ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience to travel to Australia and to the U.S.!! Traveling opens your eyes to the world and enriches your life. Some things we can learn and appreciate from other cultures and some things we appreciate more about our native culture.

    ReplyDelete