Thursday, July 7, 2016

Topic 1 - I'm Ruby

Hello, I'm Ruby.
Nice to meet you all. This is my first time to travel here, I feel so excited to be here.I'm looking forward to experiencing different cultures, learning English, and making friends from other countries, especially foods. I love delicious foods so much. If you know something special food, you can let me know and I'll try it.                  
  
 Now, I want to introduce my country Taiwan. Taiwan is a really small island. It's about 23 million.Most of people in Taiwan are really passionate and friendly and we are always welcome foreigners to travel Taiwan. Do you know the tallest building in Taiwan? It's Taipei 101. There are firework shows in special days every year, especially in National Day or the last day of a year. the Taipei 101's firework shows are so beautiful. Moreover, I want to introduce you the place where I was born and grow up -- Changhua. It's a middle part of Taiwan. There is a really nice place. The weather is always shiny.  

In addition, I'm a sophomore in University In Taiwan, and I just finished my second year. I came here for summer vocation, so I will stay here for 2 months and go back to my country. And, I really like to watch not only Korean dramas and programs but also western movies. Also, I usually go to see a movie in the theater with on weekends with my friends. I also like to watch comic books and animates. These activities are what I like to do in my spare time.

I'm so glad to have this course with you guys. And, I hope that all of us can have a happy memory here.

5 comments:

  1. There are many restaurants here. You can try food from all over the world. I'm sure you will enjoy it! A new style of Asian food is called fusion. It mixes Asian food with Mexican food or it mixes two kinds of Asian food together. For example, one food is an Korean taco or burrito. They put Korean flavored meat in a taco or with rice in a burrito. A recent popular style of Japanese sushi is called poke. You choose the size of bowl you want and white rice or brown rice. Then you choose the kinds of raw fish you want. Then you select your toppings and sauce. They mix it up for you and you can enjoy a poke bowl. Have fun eating this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very fun to taste other countries' food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, welcome to the United States, I hope you can enjoy this class, if you ask me, I think you can try salvadorean food, you should try "Pupusas" is the most famous food in El Salvador, is like a "tortilla" but inside you can put cheese, beans, zucchini, pork and other ingredients or you can mix it as well. Also you should try one of our beverages called "Ensalada" is a mix of several fruits like, red apple, green apple, pineapple, orange and other fruits that I don't even remember the name jajajaj, but I think it's made with 5 or 8 kind of fruit. I hope you could try it, have fun eating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruby nice to meet you her first time knowing someone from Taiwan , one day I want to see the other countries I will but your contrary in my mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey:))) It's nice to know each other by this way XD What a small world! We wouldn't know each other if we were not here for vacation and took the ESL class. hope you have a amazing summer :D

    ReplyDelete